Bicycle South Central PA’s 3rd Annual
Regional Bike Summit
March 23 and 24, 2018
Market View Arts,
35 W. Philadelphia St, York PA
Register Online Here:
You won’t want to miss the 2018 Bicycle South Central PA Regional Bike Summit! We have extended to Summit to 2 days for the convenience of professionals involved in municipal planning, health promotion and government programs, as well as for volunteer advocates. Choose one day or both! Only $15 per person per day, which includes lunch.
Click on these links for more details and to download the registration form:
Friday, March 23 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (includes lunch)
Communities must be walkable and bikeable to be successful and vibrant. We’ll be focusing on solutions that give communities the most bang for the fewest dollars. This includes:
- The building of short trails to connect neighborhoods
- Using transit to bypass heavily congested areas
We’ll also look at funding sources for bicycle/pedestrian projects at the local, state and federal level.
Experts from PennDOT will be on hand to discuss PennDOT Connect, policies and resources followed by a question and answer session.
Saturday, March 24 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (includes lunch)
The topics for this day include
- Learning about what’s happening now on the advocacy front in Pennsylvania and what we can expect to see in the near future.
- Bike Safety in the Community – the need for educational outreach to drivers and bike riders
- The League of American Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly program for communities, universities and businesses.
- Community linkages – using bike share, trails and transit to get people where they need to go
- Updates on the PA Mountain Bike League, PA Bike Routes, new trail connections & more.
Register by Friday, March 16 at www.bicyclesouthcentralpa.org Add $5 per day for registrations submitted after March 16. The agenda can also be found on this site. Register online using a credit card or download the paper form.
A guided bike tour of the York Heritage Rail Trail will follow the sessions on each day for any who would like to explore this wonderful asset to York and the surrounding communities. BYO bike or sign up with York’s Zagster to borrow a bike. $3.00 per hour. http://bike.zagster.com/yorkcitypa/
This Summit was funded in part by the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources’ Pennsylvania Recreational Trails Program funded through the Federal Highway Administration.
Bicycle South Central PA wishes to thank Quality Bicycle Products and Transportation Resource Group for their generous donations in support of this Summit.